Sign in to follow this  
Phantoms

Multiple profiles on one MSFS install

I remember reading somewhere that MSFS only allowed the original purchaser to use it under their profile. This is not true.

I have a Windows 10 Pro computer with multiple local user accounts set up for other family members.

I bought the Steam version of MSFS and installed to E:\Games\MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR\

To set up another family member, I logged onto their local user account and had Steam place a shortcut for it on their desktop. After launching by clicking the shortcut, point the install path to the install location you used under the main user account  This location needs to be available to all users so if it's under c:\users\username\ it may not work unless you set that location as shared. MSFS should launch like normal. When it does on the main menu at the top of the screen click on your profile name and sign out. Now have your other user sign in under their profile and all is good.

If you all use the same computer login instead of different user accounts, then all you have to do is launch MSFS and sign out of your profile. It will then ask to sign in and the other users can sign in under their profiles. Just have to make sure whose profile is displayed at the top of the menu when playing.

• Like 1

James