Sign in to follow this  
wuwtk

Substantial performance decrease with 1.8.3.0

So I have experienced a fairly big FPS drop with the latest patch and wanted to know if anyone else was experiencing the same.

Pre-Patch =40-57 FPS. Avg 53 depending on major cities, weather, etc
Post-Patch =26-48 FPS. Avg 40 depending on major cities, weather, etc
This is running on high-end settings before and after
No mods or configs adjusted before or after
AMD 2700X, 32gb 3000 memory, GTX1070Ti (Overclocked)
1080p, Windows 10 2004, latest chipset and video drivers installed

I noticed that the whole simulator seems to be running on one of my cores now instead of being fairly distributed. I know the multi-threading isn’t the best nor was it really ever even, but it was significantly better than this. Screenshot of it currently and sadly I dont have one of before 😞

SKzW7Ac.jpg

I also made the same topic on the MSFS forums here https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/substantial-performance-decrease-with-1-8-3-0/275451

Same issues here with a beast of system, simulator now uses 25-35 percent of 9900k overclocked way lower than older update of 30-50 percent.

uses less ram too, but it sure runs like word not allowed in heavy photogrammetry areas like Tacoma wa.

also more 3D objects on bing map update as well as heavy system resources 3D modeled power utility towers placed everywhere in scenery and they take forever to pop in, I think someone did not optimize this 3D object for the simulator and it’s dragging down performance everywhere there is heavy scenery on high and ultra Gpu settings modes..

the game is not smooth at all now, it’s broke. Too many 3D objects in scenery with directs draw calls causing whole system to lag and bog down.

they made too many changes at once in this patch and didn’t test it apparently...

asobo needs to roll back whole game files to last update.

This new patch adds a rendering slider that for me got set to 200 which owned my frames. It has something to do with super sampling. Make sure that slider didn’t get bumped up  beyond 100 or 110 or your frames go down exponentially. The patch did that to me. It also didn’t install anything beyond the initial 1gb file and my sim got turned into fsx circa 2007. I had to totally remove everything and jump through 100 hoops to get it reinstalled. This patch was a debacle. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Asus X570 TUF WIFI | 5900X | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | MSI RTX 3090 | Asus Strix 850W | ASUS GT501 TUF | ASUS 3X VG248QE - Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 Professional X64

For me it's unplayable

Stutters... a lot ... like crazy

I79700K@5GHz, 32 GB DDR4, RTX 2080Ti, 4k, 1 Gbps - Internet speed

Can't play it. Before the patch it was ok, playable.

Edited by Sphynnx

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5