Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

3 gigs of system RAM really makes a difference!

I just installed my RAM upgrade last night, and found out immediately the great benefits of ample amounts of system RAM.FSX now loads, and I hardly see the hard-drive light come on any more. Also, I no longer get those coarse freeze-blocks and program stall as textures are being loaded into what was then only 1 GIG of DDR2 RAM. There isn't too much free memory when XP, background programs, etc are also competing for memory real estate alongside FSX!The program loads...and that's it.Not to mention that the whole overall system is running much faster. I highly recommend others to bring up their XP system to 3 gigs as well. It seems to be a super performance bang-for-the-buck upgrade.Cheers!Mitch R.

Guest bustervk

I think your system is a very special one...;)But when it helps!byeBert

Let me tell ya...that extra gig over two pays out! I'm screaming around.XP loves it, lol!Cheers!Mitch R.Dell Gen 3 P4 3.43 gigs PC-4200 DDR2 533 MHz system RAM256 meg ATI X800XTSamsung 931BF 2ms 19 inch LCD display