Sign in to follow this  
flyinion

Tips on the longitude?

Tried this out tonight and while I did get it on the ground (short 40nm circuit to try ILS), lets just say I need to figure out how this thing works.  Things like suggested T/O flaps etc and how to use the autothrottle.  I took off with flaps 1 and rotated and the PFD settings VR of 149 and instantly started getting stall warnings but managed to keep it in the air and get the AP engaged.  Figured out how to turn on the Autothrottle but can't seem to figure out where it gets it's speed setting from when the speed setting is "managed speed mode" so I ended up changing it to manual setting and dialed it in myself. 

Two other weird things, one of which may have been my fault, left it on FMS with APR enabled but it didn't follow the glideslope and I might just be used to the A320 and I'm guessing I need to swap to VOR1 to actually follow it?  I had the correct approach in the flight plan for the ILS approach though.  The second weird thing is likely user error but I pulled the throttles back to land and uh, well the autothrottle just tried to keep it at the approach speed I had dialed in.  I ended up forcing it on the runway and kicking in the reverse thrust which stopped that but let's just say my clients won't be flying with me again lol.  

Charles Paluda

AMD Ryzen 3700X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | EVGA 2080 Super FTW3 Hydrocopper | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Coolermaster H500M | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Rival 700 | SteelSeries QcK Prism XL| SteelSeries Arctis Pro + GameDAC | Saitek X52 | Schiit Magni 2 Uber & Modi 2 Uber | Asus PG279Q | Dell U2414H | Win 10 Pro