Sign in to follow this  
Guest FxF3

Not a bad start!

Hi all,I've been in a fs vacuum lately, my fs9 was good looking, but in bad need of a fresh install, and I waited to buy FSX until I saw how things turned out here at the forum. Istead of getting through all the effort getting fs9 in shape (again) I gave FSX a go. Now I've had my first serious session with it, and this is what I experienced:1. About two hours of tweaking including reduction of textures (except runways and taxiways) to 50%. But I kept the original autogen engine and default.xml intact, and didn't mess with the number of trees and buildings in each section.2. Full defrag :-doh3. One hour of flying, but not very satisfied, the sim sort of ate my computer, slowed it down to a 386, also after quiting fs.4. Ran to the local dealer and bought 1G of RAM.5. Ended up with a smooth and nice sim with some cewl new stuff :-)The last thing I did was parking the Airbus (A-Train) at the gate and opened the cargo doors, and Voila! luggage trucks (or whatever they are called) started working (picture).Nice trees, dense autogen, improved mesh/landclass/terrain, cars/boats, new aircrafts, wet asphalt, stunning water and more. This a nice start indeed!!!EagleAMD 3500+/GeForce 7800GT/2G RAM/19 inch TFT at 1280X1024

Guest FxF3

It does look nice. Glad your liking it.