Sign in to follow this  
united001

How To Re-Install Content Deleted From Content Manager

I discovered this procedure while testing bugs in Flightbeam's new KPDX. Beautiful scenery by the way. I used content manager to
delete Flightbeam's KPDX from my MSFS through the "Delete" click after check-boxing in the content manager. I tested and then wanted
to re-install Flightbeam's KPDX. I discovered that there is no way to re-install deleted conent directly using content manager. Here is what I had to do:

1. Shut down MSFS. Using Windows file explorer, open to your main msfs file folder. Inside are Community and Official sub-folders.
2. Open the "Official" folder and then open "OneStore" folder.
3. Inside of "OneStore" is all of the installed MSFS content including content from developers that you buy through your MSFS Marketplace.
4. For me, in the uninstalled state, was a folder called:  flightbeam-kpdx. This folder had subfolders but no content that should be there if the
   produce was installed. I know this because I checked other such Marketplace and non-Marketplace folders and there are the subfolders that
   you would expect if installed that are full of texture files and such. None of those files were present in the uninstalled flightbeam-kpdx subfolder.
5. I suspected that it was the presence of this labeled but otherwise content empty folder called "flightbearm-kpdx" that was blocking the re-installation.
6. Delete the empty folder. In this case, I deleted "flightbeam-kpdx" folder (after I saved it to my desktop just in case, you should too).
7. Boot up MSFS, go to marketplace and behold, there is your purchase labeled to download and install once again. In this case my flightbeam-KPDX
    was re-installed successfully, it's texture subfolder full of content.
8. Without a doubt, do all of the above inside of "Official" folder at your own risk as this seems not an official Asobo thing that most of us should do, but it worked like a charm for me. 

Comment: I have never read anything else anywhere how to do this, much less I wonder why it isn't already native to MSFS other than they don't wish us
to mess around too much with the "Official" folder.

United001

• Like 4

Windows 10 Pro, version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 8 Logical Processors; Mobo: Z390 Phatom Gaming 4S-IB: Physical Memory: 16Gigs; GPU: NVIDIA GeForce FTX 2080 Super, 8 Gigs; 500Gigs Hard-Drive; 1TB SSD; 1TB SSD; 50" Samsung 4K Flat-screen monitor; 26" LG side-car monitor. Saitek Yoke and Throttle. Saitek Rudder Pedals.
Screen Resolution: Full Screen: 1920X1080 Full and Windowed modes.