Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jozef_K

HELP! Anyone else have this problem?

I've done all the tweeks. ie: renaming the DEFAULT.XML, reducing the size of the autogen trees etc. My problem is that when I am flying along, I get good frame rates but when I go to "turn" a dial to change altitude or speed, access the GPS or anything, the sim hangs up for about 10 - 15 seconds and reloads the graphics. I had my system cache set to "Custom Size" and set to 1500 / 1500 as I have 1 GB RAM. I thought that this might be the problem so I set it to "SYSTEM MANAGED SIZE" and no change. The sim hangs. Any ideas?System Specs:P4 3.0SB LiveATI Radeon X800 GTO (256) Overclocked to CORE 550 - MEM 5251 Gig DDR RAM

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

System managed is ok: , but XP running FSX will eat up around 1.3 gigs of system ram and the video card will need more than 512 megs. When the system memory requirement exceeds 1 gig, the OS will start swapping out pages to disk - "swap space": when your gpu demands exceed its' 256 meg - it will begin taking from system memory. I would believe this is what's happening here. Check yours out with this freeware product called MemStatus by Kevin Reems:http://www.nuclearplayground.com/NuclearPl...ound/MemStatus/I'm really sorry to say it, but if you've done all of Matt Fox's tweaks, the FIBRE_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION, TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH, etc, and you still have the issue - you need some newer hardware. From following these forums - you'll find anyone who is having real success with FSX is also running a high-end rig with a very recent video card.