Sign in to follow this  
escu

Trimming up the big jets....

Guest 2002cbr600f4i

Is anyone else having a hard time trimming up the big jets? I don't seem to have too much trouble doing it in the smaller GA aircraft, but when I try to in the big iron I never seem to be able to get it to hold an altitude. I follow the proceedure outlined in the flight lessons:1) Set your pitch angle for the climb rate you want2) adjust the throttle as needed3) add/remove trim to get the aircraft to remain in that orientation as you release the controls back to center.The problem is, while I can hold the controls, the throttle response on the jets is so slow that it's hard to hold it long enough to get the speed to stabilize. I end up bouncing up and down slowly and varying +-600 ft or so (which of course, then causes ATC to yell at me every minute or two about being above or below my assigned altitude.)I get so fed up with it I eventally turn on the AP at the assigned altitude (which kinda sucks because I want to fly manual most of the time to work on my skills.)Anybody have any suggestions???--2002cbr600f4i

Yep,having the same problem with the jets. Can't get them to hold altitude.Try increasing the sensitivities, and reducing the null zone as much as possible.Also try to add: stick_sensitivity_mode=0 to the controls section in fsx.cfg.These two changes improved the handling somehow, but not much.There are also the elevator / aileron effectiveness settings in each aricraft.cfg files try setting that value from 1.0 to let's say 0.6-0.7.See if these help, and report back if you have a solution, i'm also interested as I'm not yet satisfied with the handling.Hope this helps,Crist