Sign in to follow this  
Robin29

Controls.cfg

Hey,

Where can I find my controls config file? My friend has the same hardware setup and I would like to give him my own control settings. It took some time to set this up in MSFS so I thought to share the config file would be musch more easy

10 minutes ago, Robin Cornelissen said:

Hey,

Where can I find my controls config file? My friend has the same hardware setup and I would like to give him my own control settings. It took some time to set this up in MSFS so I thought to share the config file would be musch more easy

I don't know if it's possible in the Steam version but I know it's not possible in the MS Store version.

The reason is that in the MS Store version, each controller profile is saved as an alpha numeric xml file in an alpha numeric folder in your user profile.  Those "folders" are "indexed" and the index file is encrypted.  Every time you edit a controller configuration, the configuration file as well as the index is updated.   If you delete a profile, the contents of the folder it was in are removed and the index file which listed that folder is edited to no longer point to that folder anymore.

So even if you were able to copy out the folders that contain the xml sheets for the profiles you made, your friend can't use them because his "index" file won't references them and they will sit in his user profile doing nothing and not being seen in the program itself.

Your friend might be able to take the files and copy and paste overwrite an existing xml page but that might not work like expected either.

Edited by wthomas33065