Sign in to follow this  
Spit40

AuthentiKit Spitfire MkIX Spade Grip & Flight Stick

Aiming to launch this flight stick early December.

• Replica to scale Spitfire MkIX spade grip with 2 button firing
  • Working brake lever
  • Upper bracket also to scale
  • Hall sensors throughout
  • Standard windows controller auto-detects but you'll need to map pitch/roll/brake
  • Currently being tested in MSFS with a Spitfire MkIX due out in a few weeks (have had collaboration with the developer)
  • Low cost rig ensures accurate placement between your legs
  • First product of a range - trim wheel, throttle quadrant, under carriage and flaps lever at prototype stage

Here's the unusual bit - it's free. It has been designed to be printable on a cheap 3D printer (developed on a sub £200 Ender 3) and to be assembled with basic Airfix/Ikea skills using low cost commodity parts (sealed bearings, bolts, sensors available from Amazon/ebay). Assembly videos, parts-list and printable files will be released at launch, so you could have it working for Christmas 😉

Here's a 3D render, photo of a prototype being tested at Boultbee Academy's Spitfire MkIX simulator and an in situ photo.

For more info see https://authentikit.org or follow https://fb.me/FlyAuthentiKit 

spade-render.jpg

spade-at-boultbee.jpg

alpha+rig.jpg

atk-spade124.jpg

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

It’s a self build kit. Here’s the latest video

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

Nearly there folks.

atk-logo-354.jpg

We're getting close now folks. There are 6 beta testers test building this now in the UK, USA and Australia. They've been focussed on testing the printing and assembly but this weekend I hope that one or two will finish that assembly and we'll get some in-use feedback. If that goes well I will publish the designs and complete my video series over the weekend of Dec 4-6.

atk-logo-354.jpg

I haven't finished video #4 but while you wait you might enjoy this

atk-logo-354.jpg

atk-logo-354.jpg

Well this had me fooled for a while. Looks almost like the real thing, but its just a nice distressed paint job someone did after downloading the print files and building one of my flight sticks.

fake.png

atk-logo-354.jpg

Moved on a bit since January, coming in the next few days are these two beauties (IMHO).

trim_and_quad.png

Here's the "how to assemble" video #1.

atk-logo-354.jpg

atk-logo-354.jpg