Sign in to follow this  
bert.laverman

Fresh install LINDA not sending any controls to Prepar3D 4.5

1. LINDA version 3.2.6.1111
  2. Aircraft module "MS FSX Default aircrafts",  v1.0, 10 Jun 2011
  3. Prepar3D 4.5.13.32097 (SimConnect: 4.5.0.0)
  4. Alabeo Cessna 404 Titan
  5. After running into trouble with my new Honeycomb Bravo vs FSUIPC v5, I bought and installed FSUIPC v6, and re-installed a clean LINDA 3.2.6 with it. Now starting with a clean installation, my first attempt was a "simple twin-engine", to rebuild my mappings.
  6. LINDA took a _very_ long time starting up, showing a "Restarting LINDA" message in Prepar3D for more than 15 seconds. This is a big change from my previous install, where I never saw that message at all. Mapping the controller axes with FSUIPC went without problems, and LINDA recognized my devices also. Just mapping e.g. the "BCN" switch on my Alpha to "FSX Default" -> "Lights / signs" -> "Lights BEACON on" went fine, but when I used the switch, nothing happened in Prepar3D. Using another button for FSX Control "FSX:PREV_SUB_VIEW:0" had the same effect; LINDA highlights the button when used, but in Prepar3D nothing happens. Idem for e.g. "Keys: S".
  7. Logs show the keypress is detected, but I see nothing indicating it is actually sending anything to Prepar3D or a failure when trying to do so. The only error in the log shown is:

167781 *** LUA Error: C:\FS\FSUIPC\linda/system/init.lua:147: module 'linda/libs/lib-user.lua' not found:
    no field package.preload['linda/libs/lib-user.lua']linda/libs/lib-user.lua
    no file 'C:\FS\FSUIPC\linda/libs/lib-user\lua.lua'
    no file 'C:\FS\FSUIPC\linda/libs/lib-user\lua\init.lua'
    no file 'C:\FS\FSUIPC\lua\linda/libs/lib-user\lua.lua'
    no file 'C:\FS\FSUIPC\lua\linda/libs/lib-user\lua\init.lua'
    no file 'C:\FS\FSUIPC\lua\linda/libs/lib-user\lua.dll'
    no file 'C:\FS\FSUIPC\lua\loadall.dll'
    no file 'C:\FS\FSUIPC\lua\linda/libs/lib-user.dll'
    no file 'C:\FS\FSUIPC\lua\loadall.dll'

This is weird, because there is a file named "C:\FS\FSUIPC\linda\libs\lib-user.lua". Those DLLs it also complains about are nowhere to be found, also not in the previous 3.1.x installation.

BTW After quitting Prepar3D, LINDA also takes a long time to shut down.

Bert Laverman

PS The entire "C:\FS" tree is excluded from Windows Defender.

Bert Laverman

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

The long start up will be due to the problems LINDA is having finding the files. You can ignore the various extensions reported (eg .dll) as errors - LUA looks tries the various options when it can't find the correct one.

When you installed FSUIPC6 did you click on the REGISTER button? I will need to see the full fsuipc6.log file to confirm this (there should be an entry that FSUIPC6 has a correct fsuipc6.key file. See Fault Diagnosis procedure thread (under LINDA Support)).

For FSUIPC6 I would expect it to be installed in the c:/users/{yourname}/documents/prepar3d v4 add-ons/fsuipc6/ folder. All the LINDA files and folders (/linda and /linda-cfg) should be in the same folder as FSUIPC6. There is no longer a /modules folder.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Yes, I did use the register button. I installed to C:\FS\FSUIPC, and the key file is there. The FSUIPC dialog box acknowledges that this FSUIPC is registered to me.

Bert

PS Out of principle I never install to Documents, as that is not the correct place for DLLs and EXE files. I know many people think this is a good idea or even required, but that misconception follows from the Prepar3D Add-ons folder being there. If you do, you'll get executables that become part of a user's profile, or are even synced to their Cloud storage. That however thoroughly messes up registrations in applications and Windows that don't get copied over to other PCs or laptops.

Bert Laverman

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

OK. Press run the Fault Diagnosis procedure and email me the logs.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew