Sign in to follow this  
VIPERGTSR01

N1 hold

I noticed in the assignment section of FSX there is a "N1 hold" key to be assigned but how does it work? My guess is that it will allow an a/c to climb out at a set N1 speed instead of FPM rate but it doesnt work (or I havent figured out how to make it work on the lear). Is it there for add-on a/c that are developed with this in mind?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Great to hear. Was I right in the thinking of how it should work? Could you please tell me how you use it? It comes unassigned so do you have a joystick button or key stroke assigned and if so which do you find to work best? When do you engage it in the flight? Sorry for all the questions but I dont normally fly the big planes as my user name indicates.

>Great to hear. Was I right in the thinking of how it should>work? Could you please tell me how you use it? It comes>unassigned so do you have a joystick button or key stroke>assigned and if so which do you find to work best? When do>you engage it in the flight? Sorry for all the questions but>I dont normally fly the big planes as my user name indicates.From memory the N1 hold on the 737-800 has a dial on the panel that you set what percentage you want, then there is a N1 hold button up autopilot/thottle panel.