Sign in to follow this  
minimaLMind

NavDataPro won't install missing PMDG.zip

I am trying to install Cycle V. 2101 R. 1 into the new PMDG 777-200ER Expansion Package for Prepar3D v4 & v5 I just bought for P3D V5.

When I try and install it into E:/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v5/PMDG/NavData this is the error I get.

Error: File not found PMDG.zip
Error: Install failed PMDG Prepar3D v5
+ Install success Pointsoft PRO-ATC/X 

There is nothing in the PMDG/NavData folder.

Is there a trick to get this installed?

Edit:

The folder where it shows the cycle is installed is actually just PMDG, it shows the version number, but it still won't install.  Just says File not Found PMDG.zip.  I've read both manuals and searched and searched.  Really frustrating because the FMC data in the 777 doesn't match everything else.

Edited by minimaLMind
'mission' instead of 'missing' in title

So, after contacting Aerosoft, I was answered that since it is expired already (little did I realize these things are updated very frequently) the latest cycle I bought, 2101 R.1 has already expired and they discontinue access immediately.  So, I need to purchase the latest dataset to be able to install it into all my add-ons.  At this point, it looks like subscribing to the NavDataPro Complete 1/yr with Charts is the way to go.

On 3/4/2021 at 4:31 PM, minimaLMind said:

So, after contacting Aerosoft, I was answered that since it is expired already (little did I realize these things are updated very frequently) the latest cycle I bought, 2101 R.1 has already expired and they discontinue access immediately.  So, I need to purchase the latest dataset to be able to install it into all my add-ons.  At this point, it looks like subscribing to the NavDataPro Complete 1/yr with Charts is the way to go.

Honestly, if you go that route anyway, get the online version, "ultimate" monthly. It comes out to around $10 USD depending on the exchange rate when it's debited. I have used it for a long time now and not only do you get the data you need, but a moving map that you can load onto the charts from another machine. I usually connect with a laptop and use the moving map for taxxing easier on the ground. 🙂

John Binner, MCDST
U.S. Dept Of Veteran Affairs, Senior IT Analyst

OI&T, SPM, Clinical Imaging

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler

On 3/5/2021 at 4:31 AM, minimaLMind said:

So, after contacting Aerosoft, I was answered that since it is expired already (little did I realize these things are updated very frequently) the latest cycle I bought, 2101 R.1 has already expired and they discontinue access immediately.  So, I need to purchase the latest dataset to be able to install it into all my add-ons.  At this point, it looks like subscribing to the NavDataPro Complete 1/yr with Charts is the way to go. cuphead

You pay for that synchronization. But of course it's much more convenient.