Sign in to follow this  
tf51d

FS2004 vs FS2002

Guest Water Mango

I guess that's all you can muster at this point... :-lol I rest my case... ;-)

FYI, I tried Tom's tweak above as it was new to me and it did nothing at all. My video card was not in the display.cfg so I added it but got no performance gains. I've also tried every other tweak from replacing all the textures to the FIBER_FRAME, etc.Mike, your results intrigued me, since you have graphic cards (ATI X1900 XTX Crossfire) that based on my results, (ATI X1950 XTX Crossfires) and others with similar cards have reported, I would have thought this tweak would have helped you. So I did some more testing. I tried commenting out the TnL line to see if I got a drop in performance. (Which I did before and did see a difference) I did not. I check it by saving a flight on the jet ranger, landed on a building in NYC with clear weather, and my current settings except no traffic, so nothing should skew the results. I get 38-40 FPS with this scenario. Before I got about 16 with a drop to about 10 if I had my traffic file at 100% As you pointed out there didn't seem to be a difference, with or without this setting, so while I saw a marked improvement in performance with this setting, I now concede it must have been some kind of Placebo effect. the real cause of the performance boost evidently lies elsewhere. The only common thread left now for those that are seeing this boost is that we all reinstalled FSX and applied MS's registry fix for it's activation process, either manually or the utility they provide in the patch. I don't know if this is the magic bullet, but right now all evidence points that way, but who knows, maybe it's something else altogether All I can say is that I am now happy with my FSX performance, I hope you (and everyone else) find your magic bullet, that will allow you to enjoy FSX like I do now!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d