Sign in to follow this  
Gypsy Baron

CRJ fuel tank problem

Twice now I've experienced the following problem with the CRJ. Cruising along, all is well, then then center fuel tank runs out of gas and the engines quit. I have to Ctrl+E to restart midflight or everyone dies. Isn't the fuel flow supposed to be managed automatically? I don't remember this ever happening before. Anybody else experience this?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Twice now I've experienced the following problem with the>CRJ. Cruising along, all is well, then then center fuel tank>runs out of gas and the engines quit. I have to Ctrl+E to>restart midflight or everyone dies. Isn't the fuel flow>supposed to be managed automatically? I don't remember this>ever happening before. Anybody else experience this? Sounds as though the tank selection has been set to the center only position. What is your default flight?Or did you fly another aircraft immediately preceedingthe CRJ flight that may be setting that condition?FSX seems to have left a few holes in that many functions are not setable from the cockpit or need to have keystrokesassigned to manage things like fuel valves. Using Ctl-E seemsto "set" those variables that you don't have switches foron many panels. I've spent alot of time tweaking xml gauges or creating myown to overcome some of these FSX shortcomings. Without actuallyexamining the variables involed in your situation I can onlyspeculate on what the problem is. Paul