Sign in to follow this  
Masterius

Saitek Pro Flight Yoke X-axis keeps losing calibration

For some reason, my Saitek Pro Flight Yoke X-axis keeps losing calibration. Examining it using Windows setup USB Game Controllers shows it drifted off to the right a bit and oscillating. If I unplug then replug the yoke's USB connector it resets back to zero and stationary, but after a while it again drifts and oscillates.

I have tried the following multiple times:

"To recalibrate in Windows, first remove the USB plug for your controller from the PC. Press and hold the Windows key on your keyboard and then press the letter R. This will open the Run box. Type regedit and then click ok. The Registry Editor will have a list of folders on the left hand side. Go down into the following folders in order by clicking the + next to the folder name. +HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE (CURRENT_USER if on Vista) +System +CurrentControlSet +Control +Media Properties +Private Properties +Direct Input Delete any folder inside the Direct Input folder that begins VID_06A3. Once deleted, close the editor, then plug the USB back into the original port. Move all the axes of the controller through their full range of movement four times. Now go to Control Panel > Game Controllers > Properties to check the axes on the test screen."

But I still experience the same problem. At this point I make it part of my preflight routine to unplug and replug the yoke, but at times, especially during a very long flight, the X-axis drifts again, and unplugging and replugging can't easily be done as doing so disconnects all the LINDA button assignments for the yoke. 

Any suggestions will be appreciated. 

You need to see if hardware is a problem, potentially a bad Pot for example.

I’d use another computer and see if it works there.

On 5/12/2021 at 7:54 AM, Fred Florino said:

You need to see if hardware is a problem, potentially a bad Pot for example.

I’d use another computer and see if it works there.

Thanks for the reply. I'll have to give that a try.