Sign in to follow this  
Artgoodw

Flight sim Navigation

Hi

I am working my way through a navigation tutorial by charles Wood using the cessna 172 which has been modified to add digital readout to all the gauges.

I am at the stage where he has just added using the "localizer" for landing.  It uses the same gauges as for vor 1 and vor 2 but without the functionality of the OBS as it only transmitts one radial ( the runway heading).  As such the gauge is 4 times more sensitive than the vor as each dot is equivalent to 0.5 degrees.

he comments " how do you correct a heading that is misaligned by 0.5 degrees? you kick it over, yes you use your rudder pedals and you "kick" the pedal on the side that you want to turn to.  He goes on to say "you simply dont bank a plane you want to make a 1 degree heading adjustment to".

My problem is, my Pro Pedals only work in conjunction with the aeirlions using FS9.  Is there any setting I can alter to get the pedals to work as Charles advised.(I have disabled the auto rudder).

Regards Art