Sign in to follow this  
Guest macc1966

Default B747 Wing flex

Guest macc1966

Hi, all,It's just me, or does anyone agree that, on the default 747, the wing flexing behavior seems against gravity laws?Heavily loaded, the outer parts of the wing are "flexed" down, which would be normal, as all tanks are full.However, when the aircraft rotates, one would expect the wings to flex up, due to weight transfer - but... they don't.Even with just as little as 5% fuel, the wings are still "flexed" down, while aircraft is on the ground and do not flex up, after take-off.OK, sure we can live with it, but after so many years of flight simulation, one would except from Microsoft just a little bit accuracy on these small details.Happy flying,macc1966

Guest abulaafia

i'd say that's the least of its problems :)

macc1966,Perhaps your graphics card doesn't have shader support? Or perhaps the 'Advanced animation' option in the settings area is off or too low? I can tell you that the wings do flex and with the weather we're having in Dublin today I can tell you the 744 is flapping like a bird on approach to 28!

Guest macc1966

Yeah, I have no doubt about that... saw on TV the news about the storm. Here in Portugal, as far as weather is concerned, nothing special ever happens!As for the settings of graphics card and advanced animations, I will check those.I believe you are probably right about that.Thanks,macc1966

Guest macc1966

Daelight,In fact I have an old AGP Nvidia MX440, which almost for sure, does not support Shader 2.0 (by the way what is Shader?).You were right about "Advanced Animations". I turned them on, and now I can see the wing flexing... well... just a figure of speech!In fact, due to AGP MX440 limitations, the visual effects are so bad, that I turned "Ad.Animation" off, again (some parts of the wing flex, others don't, well, seems like the entire wing is broken apart).Best regards,Macc1966

I'm both happy and sad for you macc1966 ..Happy - It was advanced animations that solved your problemSad - MX440 card??!! Oh dear.. I'm suprised you can run FSX with that card! If you have a P4 or AMD64 3000+ class or Higher CPU then I would advise to upgrade your card to a 256mb DX9 one. I have a 6800XT and is very good (and should be very cheap these days)I'm afraid I don't know all the differnt graphics card types or performances as the require constant reviewing as they change per day. However, FSX is (at this moment, until a patch is released which may or may not happen) a DX9 only accelerated sim so considering the dire card you have at the moment and depending on your system I would advise this option to you.Regards

Guest macc1966

Hi,Thanks for advices.In fact I have a P4@1.7 GHz + 1 GB RAM + 64 MB MX440 (with such specs I get overall good performance with FS9).Of course with FSX things are quite different. Inside the default 737 cockpit I get no more than 9 FPS, altough in spot view I can get 30+ FPS ... over the sea :)Do you think the video card you mentioned will make a difference? In fact the video card is the only upgrade I can do now, since the motherboard s433 does not support better processors than P4.Best regards,macc1966