Sign in to follow this  
Violins77

How to make LNM and MS2020 play nicely?

Hi Alex. First, thanks for this amazing program, I've been using it for years now. This issue is definitely not on LNM side, but I was curious if people reading here might have a better idea. 

It seems that since SU5, MSFS creates invisible waypoints called "TIMECLIMB", "TIMECRUIZ" and so on that are added automatically to my imported flight plans that I created in LNM. If I save the plan in MSFS and reimport them in LNV, those show up. 

It also looks like MSFS removes some custom waypoint that are created in LNM for some reasons. 

Basically, does anyone know how to make the two play nicely together? I guess I would highly prefer it if MSFS was not adding these pre-programmed waypoints...

Thank you for the kind words.🙂

I'm afraid I cannot do much about the MSFS peculiarities so far. The flight plan format is not even documented (never was since FSX). I did my best to adapt the LNM export.

About re-import: I'd not do that. Save the plan as LNMPLN, export the PLN for MSFS and then forget the PLN after flying. You will always lose information when re-importing plans since most formats are limited. I have to drop the alternate airports, remarks, approach transitions and more for MSFS PLN.

Alex

Hi Alex, 

Just to say thanks for LNM, been using it for years - even with the availability of other planning tools.

Stay safe and well.

Regards Brian

• Like 1

2 hours ago, albar965 said:

Thank you for the kind words.🙂

I'm afraid I cannot do much about the MSFS peculiarities so far. The flight plan format is not even documented (never was since FSX). I did my best to adapt the LNM export.

About re-import: I'd not do that. Save the plan as LNMPLN, export the PLN for MSFS and then forget the PLN after flying. You will always lose information when re-importing plans since most formats are limited. I have to drop the alternate airports, remarks, approach transitions and more for MSFS PLN.

Alex

Thanks Alex. Actually, I don't usually reimport plans, but his is how I discovered these pesky waypoints that are updated automatically! The issue here is deinitely not on LNM as I mentioned earlier. I guess for now the simple way around this is just to do a "direct to" in the Garmin when doing VFR flights 🙂