Sign in to follow this  
Guest shortflyer

Help Needed! No AI Aircraft in FSX

Hi all,I have been having the most unusual experience with FSX. I have no AI traffic in FSX nor have i ever had more than two planes at an airport, except for a couple of planes spotted there has been no AI traffic. I have tested this by moving all sliders to full and even installed mytraffic x to see if there were any changes. I'm confused. Can anyone help me with this conundrum? I have even installed the aitraffic file but to no avail. I'm at witts end... HELP!Kelvin

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Kelvin,There is a lot information in this forum regarding AI traffic and addons like mytrafficx. Try a search for mytraffic x or for AI traffic and you will be overwhelmed with possible answers to your problem. One of the key prerequisites for an aircraft to land at any airport is that there is a sufficient sized parking spots (with connecting taxiways). If you have installed the FSX Software developers kit (SDK)(you can install it from your FSX Disk) you can select SDK/Environment Kit/Traffic Toolbox and you will see a file called "FS.Airports.Dat". If you open this with notepad you will see that a lot of medium and minor airports don't actually have any parking spots so AI aircraft are never going to turn up there anyway. Those that do have parking spots may have parking that is smaller than the size required for your AI aircraft. Once again your AI aircraft won't turn up unless the aircraft are small enough. Those that do turn up, park in the wrong spots because the parking spots are not allocated an airline code and so on and so on....May I suggest you search for "Airline Codes" in the FSX Forum and select the topic "Can I add airline codes to FSX parking spots?". The answer to that question takes you through just about everything you need to know about how to set up AI traffic in FSX thanks to the responses I got from RFields5421 (Reggie)and Mace (Rhett) when I asked that question. I now have skys and airports full of brightly painted aluminium! These guys know there stuff!!Regards Terry