Hi all, Is there a way to export a flight plan into something human readable that you can take into the cockpit with you (especially in VR).  I know the export to HTML option is available, which contains a ton of useful info, but the leg remarks seems to be limited to 80 character which is a bit limiting for a VFR plan that might contain a lot of descriptive txt in each leg. 

I've started using an add-on called "Sim EFB" which lets you bring charts and a navlog with you on VR flights.  If there is a way to save the flight plan as a PDF navlog it would greatly reduce all the cutting and pasting I have to do to get the information out of Little Navmap.

Thank you.

7 hours ago, bottlecap said:

Hi all, Is there a way to export a flight plan into something human readable that you can take into the cockpit with you (especially in VR). 

Try  "Print flight plan option" - it's available under menu LNM->File->Print Flight Plan.
Instead sending data to printer, you can use special "PDF writer" device (there is plenty of such free software available) and write output into PDF file.

Regards,
Piotr

Edited by ppgas

Never give up ...  - here are details of the whip-round: https://zrzutka.pl/en/pewr2d  -> to help my younger son fights against Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (blood cancer).

Ah yes!  Thank you ppgas, I see that now.  And right where one would expect it to be.  Not sure how I missed it, lol.

Unfortunately, it would appear the printout also limits the "Remarks" column to 80 characters (same as the HTML export).  I've actually exported my flight plan to every supported format and the only one I could see that includes the full leg remarks is the native lnmpln format.  But this format unfortunately doesn't have all the other useful info like course and distance that one would want in a navlog.

Maybe this is a question for Alex.

Alex, I apologize if this isn't the right place to request a feature.  But would it be possible to increase the leg "Remarks" field to something like 500 characters in the print option and the HTML export option?  Or perhaps just an option in the Print dialog box to "Print Full Remarks"?  Trying to squeeze directions for a leg into 80 characters can be a bit limiting at times on a VFR flight.

Thank you.

14 hours ago, bottlecap said:

Alex, I apologize if this isn't the right place to request a feature.  But would it be possible to increase the leg "Remarks" field to something like 500 characters in the print option and the HTML export option?  Or perhaps just an option in the Print dialog box to "Print Full Remarks"?  Trying to squeeze directions for a leg into 80 characters can be a bit limiting at times on a VFR flight.

Currently the HTML export, CSV export (Ctrl+C) and the print function limit the remarks too much. The flight plan remarks are also missing in export and print. Will fix for the next update.

Alex

12 minutes ago, albar965 said:

Currently the HTML export, CSV export (Ctrl+C) and the print function limit the remarks too much. The flight plan remarks are also missing in export and print. Will fix for the next update.

Alex, thank you very much this. 

I didn't realize there was a CSV export option.  I will definitely look into this feature.  Short of some kind of custom XML export generator, this sounds like an ideal way to bring LNM data into an EFB applications.

Much appreciated!

26 minutes ago, bottlecap said:

I didn't realize there was a CSV export option.

There is no dedicated CSV export but you can select and copy entries in all search result tables (airports, navaids, etc.) as well as in the flight plan table. This will copy the data as CSV into the clipboard.

Alex

5 hours ago, albar965 said:

There is no dedicated CSV export but you can select and copy entries in all search result tables (airports, navaids, etc.) as well as in the flight plan table.

Excellent, thank you.  I gave this a try and can indeed copy/paste the flight plan table.  I think I may have come across a small bug though.  Re-ordering the flight plan columns that are relevant to my flight and then disabling the columns that are not relevant doesn't yield the expected results.  It looks like the list of columns under "Hide or show columns in flight plan table" seem to be bound to the column position number and not to the column title.  Not a huge issue and easy enough to work around, I just thought I would bring to your attention.

How to reproduce the effect:

1. Hide all columns except the column "Name".

2. Observe that the Name column is the only column visible in the table.

3. Copy and paste the table into notepad.

4. Observe that the column "Name" was pasted .

Now:

5. Show all columns again.

6. Drag "Course M" over to the third column position (between "Region" and "Name").

7. Hide all columns except the "Name" column.

8. Observer that the "Name" column is the only column visible in the table.

9. Copy and paste the table into notepad.

10. Observe that the column "Course M" was actually copy and pasted.

Again, easy enough to work around, just thought you might like to know,

Thanks

• Like 1

Thank you! Perfect and easy to reproduce bug report!👍

I fixed this for the next 2.6.16 along with a bunch of other issues in HTML flight plan export, CSV export and flight plan printing.

Alex

Thank you Alex, I'm glad you found it helpful.  The less time you spend deciphering bug reports means the more time you can spend developing  😉

Very much looking forward to release 2.6.16, and thank you again for providing this excellent application to the community.

2.6.16 is mostly bug fixes. 🙂

I hope I can get into normal "add feature" development mode after this instead of trying to catch up with MSFS changes and bug fixes.

Alex

• Like 1

Fantastic update!  Thank you Alex.  The fixes to flight plan remarks truncation and the flight plan column ordering glitch make it much, much easier to populate my EFB app now.

18 hours ago, bottlecap said:

Fantastic update!  Thank you Alex.  The fixes to flight plan remarks truncation and the flight plan column ordering glitch make it much, much easier to populate my EFB app now.

You're welcome. Quite a bunch of bugs accumulated in the export and print functions.

Alex