Sign in to follow this  
Bob Familton

A cool add-on

Guest KemoF15

If you enjoying tooling around in the FSX world, why not in formation in the Eurofighter?A sweet addon can be found at: www.afs-design.deBasically you can download the "demo" version which is Eurofighter along with #2 and #3--formation takeoff, flying etc--demo version has a 3D box and limited cockpit display functionality but take a look at what it offers--and make up your own mind. One of the most FPS friendly addons I've seen. Take the demo for a spin--lots of fun. Full up version is 18euros. Pic below over the Pyramids with #3 on my right wing/#2 is on the left.RakeEFcairo.jpg

Hi. It's here at Avsim now. Do you have the full package? Is it worth the 19.98 Euros that is mentioned at the site? How do you deploy the air refuel hose. He says Strg W which I don't understand. Are the lights only on the single plane? The others have no lights. Also the A/B only appears on two planes. Can you fly a singele plane or only in formation? Thanks, regards, Bob.

Guest possum

The free dsb Eurofighter works great in FSX and is very fps friendly as well. Just thought I'd let ya know.

Hi. Thanks. I'll look at it. 19.98 Euros is a bunch unless it is really super. The demo is pretty good.Best regards, Bob.

Guest KemoF15

BobI haven't made the purchase yet. Simply having fun with the demo version. The Strg W is actually CTL-W to retract/extend refueling probe...might be a language thing :) In the demo, it appears only the lights (except formation lights on #2 and 3) on your aircraft work. The size/font on the HUD and radios looks (at least in the demo)--too simple and too large--but that's one of the reason it gets better frames too. I thought the photrealism of the rudder pedals, throttle, stick etc was amazing.It looks from the screenshots that you can fly solo or in formation and it also mentions inflight refueling. Screenshots of the cockpit also has some targeting modes as well as moving map.Not sure if I'll actually buy it--still smarting over the IRIS F-15 which looks amazing but has a major frame impact--it's pert near unusable. Perhaps someone who has actually made the purchase can weigh in.Rake

Hi Rake.OK, thanks. It looked like you maybe had the full up version. Like I said 19.98 Euros is around $30 and that's a bunch unless it is really that good. I will wait until I hear from someone who bought it. I agree the graphics in the VC are good. Thanks for the CTRL-W. Best regards, Bob.