I have just started using little navmap with MSFS2020 on my windows 10 PC and it works brilliantly.
When I connected a second monitor to run little navmap I am able to get a connection but have a message at the bottom of the screen saying database is empty.

I have copied the data base from my main computer and tried copying it to my second computer as the instruction state. It doesn’t seem to matter where I copy it to I still get the same message.

I am clearly missing something and as someone with limited knowledge in computing this has left me baffled.

if anyone can help explain in simple terms where I am going wrong I will be very grateful.

You have to copy the file "C:\Users\YOURLOGINNAME\AppData\Roaming\ABarthel\little_navmap_db\little_navmap_msfs.sqlite" to the remote into the same place (provided this is Windows too). And do not forget to close LNM before copying.

You can post screenshots of the Windows Explorer showing the folders to diagnose the problem.

Alex

Thank you for your reply. 
I will do as you say and hopefully I will succeed in getting it running on the second monitor.

RoyF

Sorry, I'm a bit confused. Do you run LNM on a second monitor or on a second computer?

To run LNM on a second monitor you only have to drag its window to it.
Running on a second computer requires installation and copying the database.

Alex

It’s a laptop I’m using as a second monitor. This is also running windows 10.

I have tried following your instructions but still not getting any success. 
I can get LNM connected between my pc and my laptop but it still shows database is empty.

when I get a few minutes I intend starting all over again and take screen shots of each move. If it is ok with you I will forward them to you in the hope that you can identify where I am going wrong.

Many thanks for your help.

RoyF

I have now managed to get everything working as it should. I now realise the mistake I was making. When copying the database  I was shutting down LNM on my laptop and  not shutting down LNM on my PC. Feel a bit stupid, but then we learn from our mistakes.

On my laptop I notice I am still getting the the message at the bottom of the screen saying that the Database is empty.  It doesn’t appear to have any negative effect on the program. Is this how it should be? 

Thanks for your help. I have made a donation to help you continue developing this and other programs. I would urge others to consider doing the same as this is an amazing programme.

Once  again thanks for you help.

RoyF

10 minutes ago, RoyF said:

On my laptop I notice I am still getting the the message at the bottom of the screen saying that the Database is empty.  It doesn’t appear to have any negative effect on the program. Is this how it should be? 

No. This should not show. I doubt you see any airports on the remote computer. Did you copy several different databases by any chance? Look at the scenery library menu if the right one is selected.

And yes. Shutting down LNM on both sides (copy from and copy to) is important since it keeps the files locked.

Not sure what files I should be looking at so deleted everything on both my pc and laptop and downloaded everything again.

Still getting the same message “database is empty”. I have sent a screenshot to show you me flying out of Biggin Hill airport. I have also sent you copies of the database files I copied from my pc to my laptop. Are these the correct files?
As mentioned before the programme does appear to be working on my laptop, but I have found that when I try to create a flight plan I get a message saying that  the airport cannot be found.

clearly I am doing something wrong but what it is I’m not sure.

Unsure  if pictures have attached.

https://mail2.virginmedia.com/appsuite/api/mail/PC LNM Fig 1.png?action=attachment&folder=default0%2FINBOX&id=49083&attachment=2&user=2&context=2273045&decrypt=&sequence=1&delivery=view

https://mail2.virginmedia.com/appsuite/api/mail/Laptop LMN Fig 2.png?action=attachment&folder=default0%2FINBOX&id=49084&attachment=2&user=2&context=2273045&decrypt=&sequence=1&delivery=view

https://mail2.virginmedia.com/appsuite/api/mail/Laptop LMN EGKB %28Biggin Hill%29.png?action=attachment&folder=default0%2FINBOX&id=49084&attachment=3&user=2&context=2273045&decrypt=&sequence=1&delivery=view

Hi

I think I may have found the problem. The scenery library is locked on xplane 11 . There’s no option to change to msfs2020.

I have checked out your help page but not being too computer literate I can’t make sense of it.

Sorry, cannot see the screenshots. See here for posting:

1 hour ago, RoyF said:

I think I may have found the problem. The scenery library is locked on xplane 11 . There’s no option to change to msfs2020.

That means that you probably copied the wrong file. Maybe an X-Plane empty library little_navmap_xp11.sqlite instead of little_navmap_msfs.sqlite.

Alex

That was the problem and now everything is working correctly.

Thanks for all the help, it was really appreciated.

• Like 1