Sign in to follow this  

IT for an airline

Ive searched the major carriers but none of them have job openings in IT. Do they mainly outsource? Where can I find listings? Id like to work in the airline industry.Thanks,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Alex, I'll see what I can find out for you, my sister currently works for Boeing so I know she can help. Contact me privately when you get a chance and I'll tell you what I find out. Please let me know where you live and where you would like to work so we can target the areas you want first.Philip Olsonhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Most airlines buy from subcontractors, many of those offshored to cheap labour countries like India and Malaysia.And of course in a business that's (for many companies at least) hanging on by its teeth there's little room for expanding IT staff. When you're having to fire pilots and flight attendants their unions (and they're extremely powerful) would go ape when you hire new programmers and data analysts at the same time...Best you can hope for is getting a foot in at a company supplying the industry. Something like a caterer, freighting company, or security company.