Sign in to follow this  
McCrash

Photorealistic Chile - Still it comes!

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

The mesh? From what I understand, there is a 38m DEM mesh and then the photoscenery. The mesh is a digital elevation model that has a higher resolution (38m) than the default FSX. So it makes the mountains look much better (craggy, etc).I downloaded the mesh and put it in its own folder. I downloaded some of the photoscenery and put it in its own folder. I added these two folders as "places" for the add-on scenery to look. You can then check the boxes for either the mesh, the scenery, or both depending on what you want loaded.I have since gotten rid of the photoscenery (to blurry for me), so now I just have the mesh.I don't know any reason why you couldn't put the mesh and scenery together. I just like to keep stuff like that separate.

>The mesh? From what I understand, there is a 38m DEM mesh>and then the photoscenery. The mesh is a digital elevation>model that has a higher resolution (38m) than the default FSX.> So it makes the mountains look much better (craggy, etc).>>I downloaded the mesh and put it in its own folder. I>downloaded some of the photoscenery and put it in its own>folder. I added these two folders as "places" for the add-on>scenery to look. >>You can then check the boxes for either the mesh, the scenery,>or both depending on what you want loaded.>>I have since gotten rid of the photoscenery (to blurry for>me), so now I just have the mesh.>>I don't know any reason why you couldn't put the mesh and>scenery together. I just like to keep stuff like that>separate.Ok, I understand now. Thanks.

>The mesh? From what I understand, there is a 38m DEM mesh>and then the photoscenery. The mesh is a digital elevation>model that has a higher resolution (38m) than the default FSX.> So it makes the mountains look much better (craggy, etc).>>I downloaded the mesh and put it in its own folder. I>downloaded some of the photoscenery and put it in its own>folder. I added these two folders as "places" for the add-on>scenery to look. >>You can then check the boxes for either the mesh, the scenery,>or both depending on what you want loaded.>>I have since gotten rid of the photoscenery (to blurry for>me), so now I just have the mesh.>>I don't know any reason why you couldn't put the mesh and>scenery together. I just like to keep stuff like that>separate.Where did you put the mesh files?

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

I keep all my add-on stuff outside of the FSX directory structure. This helps me keep the FSX files and directory structure as clean as possible. If something insists on installing in the FSX structure, I acquiesce.I just have a folder called FSX Mods and everything goes under it. It just lives in a Work folder off of the root.

Guest abulaafia

It is a problem, isn't it. While I very much appreciate David's efforts and enjoy flying over the Andes, releasing the textures piecemeal on avsim is hardly the ideal solution. Just imagine the size of such an endeavour for other countries.

Guest sberlins

>I've seen the same discussion on various forums about Michael>Pierson's repaints, about repaints of a new commercial>aircraft, etc.>>One thing for sure, this should put to rest the idea of using>Google Earth textures rather than landclass and autogen for FS>in the future.If you're suggesting that using Google textures is bad, the Mega-Scenery Hawaii textures are almost assuredly from the same source Google uses. Had a screen shot that I compared to Google Earth and the postions and colors of cars on the highway visible in both were exactly the same. The Mega-Scenery stuff looks pretty good to my eye.

Hi, I know it's 2014... 7 years away from any of these posts. I have tried to download mainly the S33W70 16 texture packs from Avsim but there are only 6 files available (7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 16). Could some one please upload the missing 10? The reason why I'm interested in this section is because that's normally the crossing Andes route from Santiago Chile (SCEL) SIDS to Argentina etc. So it would really be nice to see a realistic photo scenery of this section. Btw, I'm using FTX global which is great, it's like a new sim but sadly the Andes are still on the wish list. I guess they need new land class textures etc.

Thank you

Pepois