Sign in to follow this  
Oodissimo

How can I add old logbook entries manually?

Hi,

I have a few Simbrief flightplan, both in print and as PLN files. What would be the best way to enter them manually into LNM?

I tried entering a manual logbook entry, by filling in the departure and arrival airports as well as the takeoff and touchdown times and finally the route information. It seems that no matter what I do the only thing I get is a couple yellow circles around the airport. I cannot use "Show on map" for example, nor is the flight shown as a direct line or as actual route (lines from waypoint to waypoint).

What I would hop to accomplish is to be able to view world map with all destination airports and arrival airports for the highlighted logbook entries connected. By reading the docs that's how I am thinking this should all work.

Not sure what I am doing wrong...

Thanks!

Load the flight plan before creating the entry. LNM will take plan into the logbook entry. Enter departure and destination ICAO, adjust time, attach aircraft performance. That's it.

You can also import CSV or X-Plane logbooks.

grafik.png

grafik.png

Alex

8 hours ago, albar965 said:

Load the flight plan before creating the entry. LNM will take plan into the logbook entry. Enter departure and destination ICAO, adjust time, attach aircraft performance. That's it.

You can also import CSV or X-Plane logbooks.

I will try with flight plan loaded before hand.

If I import a CSV, will it load the flightplan specified in the CSV file? What are the minimum fields required to be populated, what you specified above plus flightplan file? Per documentation then this would be the proper header:

aircraft_name,aircraft_type,aircraft_registration,flightplan_number,flightplan_cruise_altitude,flightplan_file,performance_file,block_fuel,trip_fuel,used_fuel,is_jetfuel,grossweight,distance,distance_flown,departure_ident,departure_name,departure_runway,departure_lonx,departure_laty,departure_alt,departure_time,departure_time_sim	Simulator,destination_ident,destination_name,destination_runway,destination_lonx,destination_laty,destination_alt,destination_time,destination_time_sim,route_string,simulator,description

Thanks

Adi

8 hours ago, albar965 said:

It is not working for. I loaded the flightplan, then added a new logbook entry, filled the departure and destination ICAO, time, and added aircraft performance. It shows the loaded flightplan. I cannot recall the flightplan when trying to load the logbook entry. When I try "Show on map" the map screen doesn't change. When I manually move the map to where the flightplan should show, or even the departure to destination line only, there is nothing there, except for the two airports being highlighted. See attached screenshots.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

12 hours ago, Oodissimo said:

If I import a CSV, will it load the flightplan specified in the CSV file? What are the minimum fields required to be populated, what you specified above plus flightplan file? Per documentation then this would be the proper header:

aircraft_name,aircraft_type,aircraft_registration,flightplan_number,flightplan_cruise_altitude,flightplan_file,performance_file,block_fuel,trip_fuel,used_fuel,is_jetfuel,grossweight,distance,distance_flown,departure_ident,departure_name,departure_runway,departure_lonx,departure_laty,departure_alt,departure_time,departure_time_sim	Simulator,destination_ident,destination_name,destination_runway,destination_lonx,destination_laty,destination_alt,destination_time,destination_time_sim,route_string,simulator,description

Almost all is optional. Destination and departure ICAO are required.

12 hours ago, Oodissimo said:

It is not working for. I loaded the flightplan, then added a new logbook entry, filled the departure and destination ICAO, time, and added aircraft performance. It shows the loaded flightplan. I cannot recall the flightplan when trying to load the logbook entry. When I try "Show on map" the map screen doesn't change. When I manually move the map to where the flightplan should show, or even the departure to destination line only, there is nothing there, except for the two airports being highlighted. See attached screenshots.

The screenshots are hard to read. A bit too small but I cannot see the airport name below the ICAO input field. Means: LNM could not find the airport. Is the scenery data available at all? Is there a red error text in the status bar?

Alex

14 hours ago, albar965 said:

The screenshots are hard to read. A bit too small but I cannot see the airport name below the ICAO input field. Means: LNM could not find the airport. Is the scenery data available at all? Is there a red error text in the status bar?

Sorry, attached are the images this time larger.

spacer.png

Log-Entry-2.png

spacer.png

Also, when I open any of my LNM created logbook entries (those are entries created by flying a flightplan, not manual add), the edit screen lights up with a red "No Airport Found". My primary PC to use for LNM runs over the network. But the same thing happens on the SIM PC LNM installation (which I use to get the database files for Little Navmap per the instructions).

Thanks,
Adi

Here is a screenshot of a flown logbook entry that shows the direct route, the flightplan route and the breadcrump trail. All is well, except when I open the edit screen it shows "No Airport Found". But as you can see in the highlighted logbook line, it does show the airports by name there.

spacer.png

I am sorry for the multiple posts. Just one more detail, the light theme screenshots are from LNM installed on the SIM PC itself. That is also the PC I used to load the scenery from MSFS. I then copies the database per instructions to the second PC which connects over the network. The actual PC I use to run LNM on while flying is the dark themed, connected over the network. Hence the discrepancy in the logbook entry. Both logbook entries in the light theme were tried manually. All 3 entries in the dark theme were actually flown and show just fine on the map. But on both PC the behavior is identical when trying to create a manual logbook entry. Hope this all makes sense, again sorry for making this so complicated.

Thank you for all the information. You just found a bug.😦

This happens when using the MSFS database and is a result of a bugfix in one of the last versions resulting in a new bug. Meh.

You can workaround this by using a X-Plane scenery library while entering the logbook entries if you have one around.

Created Github issue for this: https://github.com/albar965/littlenavmap/issues/808

Alex