Sign in to follow this  
mjrhealth

ATC bungles, and FSX on wide screen

Well FSX does have some unusual ATC issues. Hears a jet ask for taxi clearance, response was, Cleared to Taxi to Gatwick. He was at Edinborough. Can you see a 737 taxing from Edinborough to Gatwick, would be a site to see. A couple of times when asking for landing permision I got the same response , ie permission to Taxi to " runway :, onlyway to fix was to cancle landing intentions then ask again. And i am 99% sure that my pilot actually asked for taxi permission while he was still at 5000ft, dont know where he learned to fly. Oh and does anyone run FSX on a wide screen monitor would like a scrren shot to see what sort of view you get

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm not sure about the ATC issues, but here's what FSX looks like on a 16:10 monitor with WideViewAspect set to "True" in FSX.CFG.

Ta Looks good. Actually i think this ATC issue is just a word mix up. Last flight for today was IFR manchester to birmingham. ATC gave me clearance to Taxi to rwy 33 when i was still at 9000 ft, my pilot responded same cleared to taxi to rwy 33, but it seemed to sort itself out and they still vectored me correctly to runway. Im paying more attention now. Mind you at manchester when planes were asking for permission to taxi to stand the " stand " was called "stanford ", I wonder if this has anything to do with the new voicepack ??