Sign in to follow this  
Guest SPOFF

Aircraft Unreliability

I'd like to know if others have had the same experiences I've had with the reliability of aircraft in FSX. I find that quite frequently, even if I have no failures set, one or more engine will fail on me. Usually I'm able to catch it in time to do something.Today for example, I was flying along, and out of nowhere came a Low Fuel warning. I checked my fuel and it showed 58%. A while later, as was flying a long downwind not too far from my destination, all four of my engines failed simultaniously! I still had many thousands of pounds of fuel on board. Needless to say, there was no way to restart the engines at that point, and the plane slammed into the ground.Am I the only one who has found this?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes, I've had that happen, in FS2002 and a few times in FS2004.And every time it was because at some point I had set the fuel to draw from only one tank, and it ran dry.

I've had batterys go dead in 10-15 minutes if I forgot to VERIFY that the generators were switched on. The engines will keep running because they are running on magnetos and don't need the "regular" electrical system.. but the radios, etc. need batterys if the gens aren't running. SPOFF