Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

FS9 gauges work, FSX don't. Why?

In the process of replacing or adding gauges in aircraft panels, I have been unsuccessful in the installation of default FSX gauges, yet the same gauge by identification from FS9 seems to work fine. For example, I like to have a timer in my panels. I have always used the Dreamfleet timer, but unfortunately, it is of FS98 origin and is not acceptable. I just disabled the clock in the FSD Navajo Panther panel, and substituted the timer that is in the FS9 Extra Default Panel. No problem. But if I try and put the timer from the FSX Extra in by the same procedure, it never shows up.No biggy, but I am curious. Anybody know the solution to this, or why it is this way?Thanks:RTH

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi RTH,The chances are that you will find a *.cab file in the FSX Extra panel folder (rather than in the more universal FSXgauges folder). Make a copy of the *.cab into your plane's panel folder. I assume that it would also work if you copied it to the gauges folder but I have not tried that. R-EDIT -- 'cause I can't tipe rite! R-

Thanks Ron:That was too simple, and I completely overlooked the idea. Works like a champ.Respectfully:RTH