Sign in to follow this  
kerke

FSX Boeing 737-800 appears to have a bug - but it can b...

Guest JeffPreston

Just wanted to mention something which other simmers may have encountered...I have found that the FSX Boeing 737-800 appears to have a bug. The left and right inboard landing light switches appear to be reversed from what they should be doing. The landing lights are on when the switches are off, and vice versa. Pressing L toggles all lights, but the left and right inboard landing light switches go off when the others go on and vice versa. I have found this effect to be consistent on several PCs. I fixed it on my PCs, but thought I might as well mention it here too - it may be of use to others.The modification was made to the .xml file inside the .cab file in the panel folder for the aircraft, that is: C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSimObjectsAirplanesB737_800panelB737_800.cab Edited: overhead_popup.xml I just took the sections for "Left Landing Lights" and "Right Landing Lights" and replaced them with the code shown below. I was sure NOT to change the "Left Landing Lights - Retract" or the "Right Landing Lights - Retract" code. The .cab file was rebuilt with cabdir.exeEasy...! 94.000,431.0000.0001.0000.000True1.000True124.000,444.0000.0001.0000.000True1.000True

I've also noticed that the red, green and white lights on the wings are huge. they look like huge baloons and they are not in the proper place. The same lights on the default A321 are much better.