Sign in to follow this  
RBC99

RC and P3dv5.3

Hi all,

Would appreciate some assistance with the above.

I have just got a shiny new PC and am transferring all things FS to it.

I have used RC4 ever since it came out and managed to get it working with P3Dv4.5 after sorting out the code 75 error with missing DLL's etc.

I decided to get P3Dv5 for the new PC but RC4 won't install. When asked the first couple of times I point the installer at the P3dv5 directory and it continues but then looks for fsx.exe and asks me where it is. I have tried creating an empty fsx.exe file with notepad in the P3Dv5 directory and also tried copying the fsx.exe file from the fsx se installation on my now "old" computer. Neither work and I get an incompatible version message when trying with the fsx.exe file from fsx se.

I suspect it is looking for an fsx version of fsuipc4.dll?? But i don't have fsx on the new pc. I suppose i could install FSX SE again via steam and try that somehow??

Any help would be appreciated.

Rob

Edited by RBC99

Hi Rob,

It looks like you’ve done everything correctly. I can certainly run RC4 with P3Dv5 both on the same computer and via WideFS on a network one.

Are you running RC4 installer with admin privileges?

One other thing. Where is P3Dv5 installed? Inside Program Files(x86) could be problematic.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks Ray.

Am running installer as administrator.

Have tried installing FSUIPC 6 for P3d as well but that didn't work so temporarily uninstalled it. Have a registered copy of FSUIPC for fsx from a while ago if that helps? 

P3Dv5 together with other FS stuff is on separate partition on an SSD. Does RC need to be on the same partition (didn't think so)??

Have tried again and  the installer with the message is for FSUIPC.DLL version 4.152. It is looking in the registry in vain for an FSX install path with parameter "Setuppath" and asks user to find FSX.EXE instead? In which case I wonder if it is an fsuipc rather than RC issue??

Many thanks and all the best.

Rob

12 minutes ago, RBC99 said:

Have tried installing FSUIPC 6 for P3d as well but that didn't work so temporarily uninstalled it. Have a registered copy of FSUIPC for fsx from a while ago if that helps? 

You need FSUIPC6. Older versions won’t work. Why didn’t it work? What error message was displayed? It runs as an add-on under My Documents\Prepar3D Add-ons\FSUIPC. When you have P3D running does FSUIPC show in Addons and is it accessible under the Options drop down furthest right?

14 minutes ago, RBC99 said:

P3Dv5 together with other FS stuff is on separate partition on an SSD. Does RC need to be on the same partition (didn't think so)??

Separate partition or drive letter is fine.

15 minutes ago, RBC99 said:

Have tried again and  the installer with the message is for FSUIPC.DLL version 4.152. It is looking in the registry in vain for an FSX install path with parameter "Setuppath" and asks user to find FSX.EXE instead? In which case I wonder if it is an fsuipc rather than RC issue??

Just cancel the option to install the FSX FSUIPC. 

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

H Ray,

Some progress I think as went back to square one on everything.

Able to at least start RCv4 now but have to deal with the 713 error and the unregistered dll again:). Tomorrow's task now I think.

Will report back if that doesn't work.

Thanks again.

Rob  

Hi again Ray,

Sorry to be a nuisance Ray but I recall going back and forth for ages on the 713 error because the original instructions were for 32 bit and later versions involved 64 bit wowsys changes/registration and deregistration etc. The original posts are very old now. Is there a simple "what to do" now given I am now on Windows 11??

Many thanks

Rob

Rob,

One of the DLLs is only available on a W7 install. I have it if you need it. Send me a PM with your email address if necessary.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks Ray. As I still have RC running on my old system I should have all the dll's somewhere but will revert if I can't find them:)

Regards

Rob

@RBC99, I’m assuming you’ve got everything sorted out. Let me know if you haven’t.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather