Sign in to follow this  
torontorob

Idle high on landing - reverse thrust won't come on

I have a problem, i have the solution, I don't know how to implement the solution.

My problem is that on final approach, I lower the landing gear, my idle goes up from N1 29 to N1 35. At N1 35, when I apply reverse thrust, nothing happens.

Here is the solution or reason why. The answer is from the PMDG.com  NGX forum.

The EEC will command in-flight approach (high) idle when we have engine anti-ice on, the landing gear is down and flaps are in landing configuration.
That 35% probably is correct for the 737. That approach idle is maintained approximately for 5 seconds after touchdown and then will go to minimum idle and allow thrust reversers deployment.
So the simulation is correct from this aspect. I think that there is an option in CDU settings where you can turn off high idle in flare and that most likely will allow you to deploy reversers quicker.

Does anyone know how to do this? I was advised to go into the FMC and go to PMDG set up, options, simulation. I tried that but I was not able to find any reference to "high idle in flare"

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

Rob 

Click MENU on CDU
OPTIONS
SIMULATION page 2 of 10
HIGH IDLE IN FLARE from ON to OFF

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090