Sign in to follow this  
NZCOASTER

Best free mesh for Big Bear City area

Howdy allJust trying to workout where I can get the best detailed mesh for this areaSeems to be a favorite place of mine to fly around not that I,ve ever been there being a New ZealanderThe mesh they use in google earth looks nicly detailed, where could I get that from?I have globbal mapper so I don't mind converting and compiling myselfif need beMust be a great spot to live eh?Thanks for any pointersCheers Greg

Guest Stoopy

As in Big Bear California, USA?? Am from that area and on the East Coast now. Just took the wife for a virtual flight around that lake the other night with Tileproxy. Unfortunately the sat images were taken at a time when the lake was very very low. Not many boats and the Observatory sticks out on a rather large peninsula instead of having a narrow road along a breakwater leading out to it as it normally appears. Also, the house that's on it's own little island on the west side of the lake now apears to be joined to the shore, the water was THAT low. Bummer.Check for California Terrain Mesh in the AvSim FS9 library. I'm not using it but it should work in FSX. Although FSX's improved mesh capability looks fairly decent as well.

Thanks thereI think I have found some data I can use srtm or ned data that looks goodI will try it outThanks for your helpKind regardsGregNZ