Sign in to follow this  
Amkaya

Downloaded Maps don't show up in LNM

For the download and installation of new maps for LNM I followed the instructions "To install the maps, download and unzip the file, then copy and paste the folder data found inside it to the location where you have your copy of LNM installed. Say yes to overwrite, when asked. You'll find my maps in a drop-down list."  I did so but when opening LNM these maps don't show in the LNM drop-down list????? Any advice. Thank you.

Did you close LNM before installing?

Most likely the maps are installed in the wrong folder. Can you share a screenshot of the folder structure "data/maps/earth" ?
New maps like "google-maps-sat" should be in the same folder as stock maps like "openstreetmap".

Alex

Hallo Alex,

yes I did close LNM before installing. The downloaded "data"folder sits on my MAC along this path:  Finder > Application > LittleNavMap -macOS-2 > data

I don't find a way here to add an attachment or to upload the screenshot. Insert image from URL?????

macOS-2 looks like the wrong folder. Did you duplicate it accidentally?
The right folder is "Little Navmap.app/Contents/MacOS/data/maps/earth" which contains the map themes like "openstreetmap".

Do not overwrite the folder to avoid losing the other maps.

See here about screenshots:

Extract the 7z archive and copy the blue marked folders to the LNM app (select "show package contents" on "Little Navmap.app" before):

grafik.png

This is how it should look after copying:

grafik.png

Alex

Danke Alex. Kein Duplicate. Ich habe "Little NavMap-macOS-2" so vom X-Plane.org als 7z archive runtergeladen und dann auf meinem MAC unter Applications gespeichert . Ich denke dass die -2 das Kürzel der Version 2.6.7 ist. Wo finde ich den Folder "Little Navmap.app" ???  Ich sehe nirgendwo diese App oder Contents/Framework etc. 

Martin

7 hours ago, Amkaya said:

Danke Alex. Kein Duplicate. Ich habe "Little NavMap-macOS-2" so vom X-Plane.org als 7z archive runtergeladen und dann auf meinem MAC unter Applications gespeichert . Ich denke dass die -2 das Kürzel der Version 2.6.7 ist. Wo finde ich den Folder "Little Navmap.app" ???  Ich sehe nirgendwo diese App oder Contents/Framework etc. 

Martin

2.6.7 is not the latest. There is already a 2.6.17.

You have to right click on the Little Navmap application (it has the hidden suffix ".app") and then select "show package contents" to get into this folder.

Alex