Sign in to follow this  
Jay R

FSX and two displays

Guest bcomer

I have not been able to get FSX to work properly with two displays.There was some talk about this being fixed in SP1 but no go. My system has Vista Extreme, 6800 extreme, ATI 1900XTX and two Viewsonic 20" LCD displays. When I disable the second display FSX works fine. FS9 works fine with both displays enablef. FSX starts fine but once it is time to fly the display flashes every few seconds and the frame rates are around 0.5 per second. This is on a fresh install of Vista and FSX with virus scaning disabled.Has anyone else seen this problem?

yes i have exactly the same problem in Full Screen mode over 3 19inch displays,so i have to keep it in windowed mode and then manuall expand the sides of the window to fill the three displays.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest bcomer

That fixed the problem and to top that off FSX now runs as it should with SP1. Good job guys!!!

Guest xz69

I'm mystified here and wondered if someone could help, please.I have FSX under Vista 32 bit with two monitors and all was fine - until a couple of weeks ago when a pile of Microsoft updates were auto-applied. Now I have exactly this same problem. I can now only run FSX as follows:a) in windowed mode across two displays; or:( in full-screen mode with one monitor disabled; orc) in full-screen mode with two monitors but with the Windows Theme set up as Windows Classic.When FSX starts up, I get the normal "The color scheme is returning to Windows Vista Basic" message but when it loads I get a distorted broken what looks like a VGA 800 x 600 screen (see attachment) instead of a nice 1920 x 1200.When I try to apply the hotfix K933590 multi-monifor FSX fix the installer returns the message "The update does not apply to this system". Now - I definitely know I have 32-bit Vista (I aint that stupid) so I guess it implies that I have already applied the fix. To be honest, I can't remember. Unfortunately my System Restore files don't go back far enough to undo the updates so I guess I'm asking how can I reapply the hotfix again. Or does someone have any other ideas. Thanks.MickyIntel QX6700Gigabtye 965p -S33 gig RAMASUS Geforce 8800GTXWindows Vista 32-bit

(Oops, someone beat me to it) ;)No problems here with two displays, although I did need to install a Vista hotfix to get it to work properly."KB933590: The Flight Simulator X game display flickers and become corrupted on a Windows Vista-based computer that is connected to more than one monitor"Link can be found here:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933590/en-usPat

Guest xz69

Thanks, Pat but if you read my note I've been through that loop. Can get KB933590 to run.