Sign in to follow this  
dakara93

Needing samples files from weather engines

Hi everybody,

I saw that many people (including myself) have had issue finding free weather source to add to pfpx, for the ones that still work. 

I didn't find a solution so far and planning to create a simple script that could retrieve free data and compile in a way that would be easily importable in PFPX.

The only issue I have is I don't know the format of the files that are supported for weather (not having any of the softwares)...

Would anyone be willing to share a sample of each file format so I can see their structure ?

I'm talking about :

Active Sky : wx_station_list.txt and current_wx_snapshot.txt

Rex : metar_report.txt (the older version as the new ones doesn't work, if you have archives...)

FSGRW : current_weather.txt

Thanks a lot and nice flights !

So here's the result if anybody looking for a solution in the future, and taking into account the official server won't probably be online forever :

A simple weather data provider for the discontinuated Professional Flight Plan X software. The script fetches raw weather data, METAR and TAF data from the NOAA, US national weather service, which is then compiled to a single file that can be imported in PFPX. More than 15000 reference stations (airports) from PFPX are used and wind/temperature data is provided for each of them. When available, METAR and TAF data is also provided for more than 5000 airports. The original data source is updated 4 times a day, and can provide forecasts for every 3 following hours up to 16 days. 

spacer.png

You can download it on the library.