Sign in to follow this  
ajey

home simpit/flight simulator for rafale

HI Everyone,

I am from Pune, India. I am planning to build a Rafale simpit with projectors for display. I would appreciate if anyone can guide me on how I can make this. Especially if I can get the drawings layout of the same.

It becomes very costly to import a manufactured one due to the very high import duties imposed by the Indian Government.

I did see a thread here about someone from France who was building one, but the links of facebook that he has provided do not exist. I have also seen the Warthog project videos and website, and it is a fantastic project. However he goes into making even the buttons himself, which I would like to buy off the shelf (Amazon)

I am currently in the US for about a week, and i can buy some ready made stuff, especially instruments (I will be buying the Warthog control stick) , which I can take with me.

Sorry for the long post, but just to summarize I am looking for:

1. Drawings for both the cockpit and the front and side panel

2. Any recommendations on what I can buy off the shelf here in the US which i can take back to India.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ajey

Dare I suggest Facebook? There are many and very good FB groups devoted to the design, creation, programming. etc of simulator cockpits. Contrary to what you might think from Avsim, VR is not necessarily the end-all, be-all experience for flight simulation. (Although there is a lot of good synthesis being developed around mixed reality and physical simpits.

Good luck in your search on FB. Betting you will find a lot of good stuff.

• Upvote 1

Thanks hs118, i did join various Facebook groups as suggested by you

• Upvote 1