Sign in to follow this  
LesNeilson

Steam MSFS, can't find AIG liveries

I'm clearly missing something obvious in the quick start guide and the various manuals, but I can't figure out how to point PSXT_MSFS to the AIG liveries I have installed. I assume the files (aircraft.cfg etc) are in my community folder, under aig-aitraffic-oci-beta, but do I need to add the location into the parameters.xml file, under LIVERIES_FOLDER? I've tried several possibilities, but with no success so far...

I've installed AIG AI Manager and downloaded a collection of liveries.

I've installed Real Traffic and have a licence, it seems to be running correctly and shows trafffic on the page.

I've installed PSXT_MSFS version 31.3. I see in the quick start guide that for Steam, some parameters may need to be set manually, but I can't figure out exactly what parameters they are, and what they should point to. Can anyone give me some ideas?

Many thanks!

You should first try psxt with automatic scan. It will scan your Community folder for liveries and addon airports  unless it could not find where you have installed MSFS....

(Using default installation paths for MSFS is highly recommended.)

What error message dit you get?

Edited by kiek

I think I've seen 48, 43, 41, if I remember rightly. Each time it says it can't find any liveries. But is it right that I should put the location of the community folder under the LIVERIES_FOLDER entry in the parameters.xml?

1 hour ago, LesNeilson said:

But is it right that I should put the location of the community folder under the LIVERIES_FOLDER entry in the parameters.xml?

No, what makes you think that?

LIVERIES_FOLDER, STOCK_AIRPORTS_FOLDER and ADDON_AIRPORTS_FOLDER are parameters to be used when you run PSXT networked, Not in the normal situation of PSXT at the same PC as MSFS.

Normally PSXT will scan your Community folder for liveries and add-on airports and your fs-base folder for your stock airports. That works well if PSXT can find your installation path...

If not, use FAQ#27  to copy stock airports to your PC.

and set parameter

<parameter name="lfolder0" value="<fill in a full path to your Community folder>"

and

<parameter name="afolder0" value="<fill in a full path to your Community folder>"

Fantastic! I added the locations, and the stock airports, deselected both automatic scans, and it's now working. Many thanks for your patience, it really is very much appreciated

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LesNeilson said:

Fantastic! I added the locations, and the stock airports, deselected both automatic scans, and it's now working. Many thanks for your patience, it really is very much appreciated

Good to hear! Enjoy.

I thnk I'll add a few lines to the Quick Start Guide for problems as yours. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LesNeilson said:

Thanks for your donation.

• Like 1

You're very welcome. I spent yesterday evening with a grin all over my face just watching aircraft taxi out and take off, others arriving, all matching flightradar24 with no more than a minute's delay. And I found a site where I could tune to the ATC tower frequency and listen to the chatter in real time. How's that for immersion? 

18 minutes ago, LesNeilson said:

How's that for immersion? 

That's exactly why I started to develop this program 🙂

Note that you can delay the ATC channel , so it is really sync.

Edited by kiek