Sign in to follow this  
Latnik

LINDA, FBW A320 and VRInsight MCP Panel Version 1 is buggy

Hello,

I am unfortunately having major problems getting the VRInsight MCP Panel Version 1 Boing Style to work with the latest LINDA 4.1.4.281a and the FBW A320. My problem is that the LCD displays on the MCP panel and in the Airbus do not match. The speed with which the SPD display in the sim counts up or down is much too slow when I adjust the values on the VRInsight panel. The values are not synchronized, so they do not match after the first turn of a knob.  The only value that is synchronized is ALT. But also here the speed of changing the values in the sim is very slow. But at least the values are synchronized. I will send the logfiles by mail, but maybe this helps as a hint, that LINDA does not work with version 1 of the MCP panel.

Many greetings from Germany
Joern

As I do not own a MCP1 I am unable to fully test any feature or verify the problem you report. The MCP1 is out of date and I can only support the MCP2 (Boeing) and MCP2A (Airbus).

The log files will not tell me anything I do not know. A video would be better but I can not promise any improvement.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

1 hour ago, ScotFlieger said:

As I do not own a MCP1 I am unable to fully test any feature or verify the problem you report. The MCP1 is out of date and I can only support the MCP2 (Boeing) and MCP2A (Airbus).

The log files will not tell me anything I do not know. A video would be better but I can not promise any improvement.

Thanks for your answer Andrew. I will make a video of the problem and provide the link.

Regards

Joern

Hello together.

I installed yesterday the newest Versions and got the same issue.

I Show Andrew Gransden the Problem in the Facebook grp.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/768549426880732/permalink/1512442925824708/

Maybe i can help u with Informations.

Greetings

@Seralia Thank you for trying LINDA and reporting the issue you are experiencing. I assume you are new to LINDA and have followed the installation instructions for LINDA 4.1.4 and the FBW module 1.0.3. What version of FSUIPC7 are you using? The current version is 7.3.2. The setup for MSFS is more involved than with previous Flt Sims and FSUIPC as detailed in the download threads.

From your videos it looks like LINDA is working and sync-ed to the FBW A320. Otherwise, the MCP2 display would not be displaying anything.

The VRi MCP2 knobs work in 2 modes - slow and fast. The quicker you rotate the knob LINDA uses a bigger steps. For SPD and HDG this is in steps of 5. For ALT it is just single figures. You appear to be turning the SPD much too fast - at least faster than I would. The value of over 400 seems excessive and beyond what the aircraft will accept.

Due to module implementation and the FBW model, LINDA tries to update the display in line with the rotation of a knob. After one second it should be set to the current displayed value in the aircraft. 

I am not seeing the differences you report. In order to diagnose what may be happening I have a few questions.

1. Click on Settings and LINDA Tracer. Under Lua Variables (top left) what values are displayed (eg. 1414/1414).
  2. In LINDA Tracer click on Hvar tab (top right). What values are displayed (eg. 220/220).

Finally, please read and follow the Fault Diagnosis Procedure (under LINDA Support) and email me the fsuipc7.log and linda2.log together with the config-mcp2.lua file from /linda-cfg/aircrafts/FBW A320 folder.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

And something new. I so my first testflight now with the FBW320 Linda+Fsuipc7.

Fsuipc7 is crashing many Times. Just closing. Then i have to restart fsuipc7 and wait until linda reload the lua. 

After that all works again until fsuipc7 crashed next time

Thanks for reply

I use linda several years with fsx and than p3d

Fsuipc7 Version 7.3.3

Linda 4.1.4

Lua variables 1442/1442

Hvars 0/0

The altimeter is synced after 1 sec.

The hdg synced not by itself. He synced when i change the value in Cockpit.

The SPD never synced

And yes. Linda is working and synced. I also could Change some Buttons and can now control apu 

Edited by Seralia

The Hvars are not installed or loaded correctly. These are events used by some of the knobs. It will be this afternoon before I can check details and advise.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I start the Console and enable the Log Lua Events.

he is spamming this
*** EVENT: Cntrl= 65891 (0x00010163), Param= 1 (0x00000001) AP_PANEL_SPEED_HOLD
maybe this helps

@seralia Hi Andre, Thank you for sending the log files. First I must apologise. I thought you had the 'newer' Combo 2 Boeing MCP2 when in fact you have the 'original' MCP1. This would account for the anomalies you are seeing. I do not own this version of the panel and am unable to fully test any LINDA module. 

Secondly, you have not fully turned on the Fault Diagnosis Mode and the log does not show me the information I would need. Please select Maintenance page and click on the Fault Diagnosis Mode button.

Finally, I would not expect to all the EVENT Cntrl lines. It is possible that you have other FSUIPC Logging modes selected. Check the Console and make sure all are unticked.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Sorry for the not complete log File, u will get one more tomorrow when i do another flight.

It ist only one Command which repeat every Second an its not binded. I can't find the " AP_PANEL_SPEED_HOLD" to deaktivate this. Otherwise they only Log Commands which i doing or using. The " AP_PANEL_SPEED_HOLD" comes by its own for no reason. Do u have an Idea where i can find this?

So far, u will get tomorrow new Logfiles with Fault Diagnostics turned on and all FSUIPC Logging turned off

Tank for ur help

Another short Question. Do u know what i can do when he show me this?
[E] *** LUA Error: E:\FSUIPC7\linda/libs/lib-msfs-extra.lua:143: attempt to concatenate global 'MSWPvar' (a nil value)

9 minutes ago, Seralia said:

Another short Question. Do u know what i can do when he show me this?
[E] *** LUA Error: E:\FSUIPC7\linda/libs/lib-msfs-extra.lua:143: attempt to concatenate global 'MSWPvar' (a nil value)

I will need to check but it will have the effect of stopping LINDA dead. If you edit the file you can try commenting out the line with 2 dashes (- -).

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

20 minutes ago, ScotFlieger said:

I will need to check but it will have the effect of stopping LINDA dead. If you edit the file you can try commenting out the line with 2 dashes (- -).

Worked with the (- -)

Hey,
I tested around and Found something new that Maybe Help.
When i enable all FSUIPC Logging in the Linda Console and rotate the ALT Knob, Following Lines appears.

VRI com3 <--- ALT400 [from Lua Plug-in]
*** EVENT (Custom): Cntrl= 32785 (0x00008011), Param= 0 (0x00000000) A32NX.FCU_ALT_INC
*** EVENT: Cntrl= 66124 (0x0001024c), Param= 40000 (0x00009c40) AP_ALT_VAR_SET_ENGLISH

When i turn the HDG Knob just :

*** EVENT (Custom): Cntrl= 32779 (0x0000800b), Param= 0 (0x00000000) A32NX.FCU_HDG_INC

When i than go in the Cockpit and turn the Knob with the Mouse following Line show

VRI com3 <--- HDG059 [from Lua Plug-in]

With the SPD Knob

*** EVENT (Custom): Cntrl= 32773 (0x00008005), Param= 0 (0x00000000) A32NX.FCU_SPD_INC

But when i go in the Cockpit and turn the SPD Knob with the Mouse, nothing happend

So at least. The ALT Display is synced by itself with the Cockpit Display. The HDG Display is only Synced when i turn the Rotary HDG in Cockpit with Mouse. ANd the SPD Display is never Synced.

Maybe this will help u a little bit.