Sign in to follow this  
biloo

My first livery and understanding alpha channel

Hi guys,

I am 98% done with my livery of Air Blue A321 Sharklet in fslabs for p3d v4. Btw this is my first ever FS related project that I have finally managed to complete it except....

The last thing bothering me is understanding the alpha channel especially when it comes to entering aircraft registration under the wing and nose gear doors.

In the provided paint kit for registration psd files there is a comment that says to change alpha channel.

In Gimp when I flatten my image and then add alpha channel what should be done where only registration number is seen under the wing ?

When I don't change any default values it looks like there is a sticker with registration number attached underside of the wing when it should only be registration number.

On one side of the wing there should be number and on the other side should be airblue logo.

If anyone can help that would be most appreciated.
Thank you

Bilal Asif Khan

Hi Guys, 

I managed to solve this problem from this thread:

For those who are new to painting or texturing like myself, this might be handy for them.

Bilal Asif Khan