Sign in to follow this  
Mikeingreen

MSFS will not reinstall

I got up this morning and after my normal cruise through my websites I decided to take a flight in MSFS. I clicked on the icon and NOTHING, no error message, nothing showed up in Task Manager, just nothing happened. I then checked on all the xBox servers and they showed all up and running and nobody was complaining this morning about not being able to fly so I figure it has to be on my end. I decided to do a trick where you rename the game folder, click uninstall in the xBox app, restore the game folder to original name and the click install again. This is how I used to have to do all the updates when I first started using Win11. But low and behold the xBox app install now wants to install to C:/Xbox Apps instead of the former C:/ Users/AppData/,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, that it used to be installed in. After failing to find a way to change the path to the original I gave up and said go ahead and install to C:/Xbox Apps folder (I have gigabit internet so no big worries). The only probelem is the install process now will not work and it just stays on "0 of 123GB" and will NOT download any of the files. I have never had this happen before and am stuck on what to do. Any suggestions? 

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

Never mind. I had logged out of the xBox app numerous times, restarted my pc twice and nothing had helped, so I posted the above. After posting, I tried it all again and fo some reason it is now working, I hope. I guess I wasn't holding my mouth right of something. But no joke I have spent the last 2 hours trying to get it to install.

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

Just now, Mikeingreen said:

Never mind. I had logged out of the xBox app numerous times, restarted my pc twice and nothing had helped, so I posted the above. After posting, I tried it all again and for some reason it is now working, I hope. I guess I wasn't holding my mouth right of something. But no joke I have spent the last 2 hours trying to get it to install.