Sign in to follow this  
Gixxar

Showing wrong Airport

You should park more west at KSFB, for instance around G133. I've tried that, and then you are closer to KSFB then 01FL....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kiek said:

You should park more west at KSFB, for instance around G133. I've tried that, and then you are closer to KSFB then 01FL....

Can you reduce the range to less than 5nm? say 2/3nm in the config.

Lee

2 hours ago, Gixxar said:

Can you reduce the range to less than 5nm? say 2/3nm in the config.

That would make it even worse. It needs to be set higher if this occurs more. 

Reason: PSXT searches first in the list of airports with an airport file. This is for performance reasons, there are "only" 16000 with a file out of 40000 airports. If you are not within 5nm of one of these airports it will search in the other 24000 airports out of which 01FL came out to be the winner.

So maybe if the threshold was set to 6 nm, KSFB would have been chosen.

But still it is strange that you were parked at the KSFB and still more then 5 miles from the coordinates of the airport. Is it such a big airport?

Edited by kiek

KSFB is quite large 01FL is a very small farm strip. So not sure why it is choosing that one?

14 minutes ago, Gixxar said:

KSFB is quite large 01FL is a very small farm strip. So not sure why it is choosing that one?

The size of the airport does not matter. PSXT only searches for the smallest distance to a known airport based on its lat/lon. 

Edited by kiek

Would you be able to add a feature where you could manually enter an airport code?

4 minutes ago, Gixxar said:

Would you be able to add a feature where you could manually enter an airport code?

No, that has not been necesary over the last 5 years. So, I'm not going change that upon one incident. How many of these strange situations are there anyway? 

In London, for instance, there are 5 airports, and I've never noticed any problems.

I just added the stock airport KSFB.xml file into the addon airports folder and it now recognizes KSFB when parked there. It says "no static aircraft to be parked, there are no gates with an airline + type option that fit". Is this something I can manually edit?

Thanks

Lee

OK, I've managed to get some static parked traffic at KSFB by editing the xml file. I will just keep editing and see what I can get. thanks for all your help, really appreciated.

Lee

7 hours ago, Gixxar said:

I just added the stock airport KSFB.xml file into the addon airports folder and it now recognizes KSFB when parked there. It says "no static aircraft to be parked, there are no gates with an airline + type option that fit". Is this something I can manually edit?

Thanks

Lee

No that is normal because the file is initially empty. Just let PSXT or Learner run at that airport and the static parked aircraft entries will be recorded. That's called Learning. You don't have to edit the file manually, not recommended either, because you will make syntax mistakes easily.

5 hours ago, Gixxar said:

OK, I've managed to get some static parked traffic at KSFB by editing the xml file. I will just keep editing and see what I can get. thanks for all your help, really appreciated.

Lee

No, no, no,  let PSXT do that.

Or let Learner run for a day.

Don't edit.

Edited by kiek

7 hours ago, Gixxar said:

Btw, That is already possible in the Learner program.

Edited by kiek