Sign in to follow this  
benjaprud

LNM seems to choke on earth_fix.dat

Hi, I updated my X-Plane navigraph data which hadn't been done in a while (last update was 2111). Usually after updating using the FMS data manager, I load the X-Plane scenery library in LNM to have it updated there as well, except this time it seems to choke at 38% on X-Plane/Custom Data/earth_fix.dat (at least that's what the UI says). The UI freezes and the task manager shows LNM crunching at 10% CPU usage but nothing more happens after two hours leaving it like that. It happened with both 2204 and now 2205 using the latest LNM 2.6.18, and I'm not sure why.

Any suggestion is appreciated, thanks.

The file might be broken in some way.

You can also try to remove/rename the user_fix and user_nav files since the filename in progress is shown with some delay and user files are more likely to cause issues. Maybe the log (C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\abarthel-little_navmap.log) shows the last loaded file.

But LNM should not freeze on this anyway. Can you compress and upload the offending file(s) plus the LNM log file (menu -> Tools -> Files and Directories) and send them to me?

Alex

Thanks, I suspected the UI might lag on the filename as well. I'll try your recommendations and report if any of the non-user files are causing the issue.