Sign in to follow this  
antonioarrabal

Manual for beginners, clumsy

hello, good morning, I was wondering if someone who knows how to program events with fsuipc and linda, could create a basic tutorial, for clumsy people, to show how some buttons or rotary are coded, we would have something to start with.
not all of us are computer engineers and we would like to be able to use fsuipc and linda well, thanks

@antonioarrabal welcome to LINDA and sorry that you are having issues. The manual is some years old but does give the basic functionality of the LINDA tool for assigning functions. It is designed to offer an easy interface to users who are not computer programmers - I do that hard work.

You do not say which flight simulator you are using. There are 2 version of LINDA for P3D (3.3.x) and MSFS2020 (4.1.4) requiring a full paid version FSUIPC6 and FSUIPC7 respectively.

LINDA allows users to assign a comprehensive range of pre-defined functions for available aircraft add-on LINDA modules. It only handles devices that behave as HID Joysticks (ie. have buttons) and VRInsight MCP Combo panels. It also handles default functions with Saitek/Logitech Panels. It does not handle rotary knobs.

Axes must be programmed in FSUIPC or the simulator.

I hope that explanation helps.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew