Sign in to follow this  
Guest chazzer

Snoopy or XV208

Hi allSome information I picked up yesterday 17-7-06 at the International Air Tatooe at FairfordXV 307 a stretched C130 C3p was at the show celebrating 40 years of co-operation between Marshalls and the RAF. Painted in a striking series of motifs.I asked one of the crew about XV208 or (former) snoopy as we know it,I asked if XV307 was being used as the test airframe for the new A400M transport aircraft engine/propeller.I was told that XV208 Snoopy or ex Snoopy (you wouldn`t recognise her now) was still at Marshalls and would be used as the test airframe,before being handed back to the RAF or the Danish Airforce(( I didnt quite catch wich airforce he said)) Noisy jet above and a Scottish pipe band to my left hand side.I hope this clears up any previous comments ive seen on forums about or beloved snoopy.Hope I havnt got any marshalls employees into trouble for this information but reading various forums in the past I know there lots of aviators out there interested in the where abouts and health of snoopy

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!