Sign in to follow this  
BlueAircraft

Autopilot and flaps in FS2004 turn off "automatically"

I am not sure if this glitch was always present, but it seems that on certain aircraft the autopilot and flaps are "turned off" after some time flying - the autopilot is switched off and cannot be switched on again, and the flaps are reset to their original position (in the cockpit), and will not work (at least in the cockpit). The flaps exceeding warning can still be viewed if you press the buttons that "lower" the flaps, however.

Could be an assighnments conflict in relation to your steering hardware but...... Does you autopilot switch itself off without you even touching any part of your yolk ? I ask you this because in some aircraft it's completely normal that the autopilot gets automatically switched off as soon as manual interference with, e.g. the yolk, takes place.

Regards

Hans

• Like 1

Hello Hans! It was actually the electrical systems being improperly switched on during the flight. Concerning the steering hardware - it has never happened to me before (with the planes I usually fly) so I didn't think it would have concerned the hardware and whatnot. Thanks for helping, though!

Regards,

Andrew