Sign in to follow this  
SimilAir

Error 41 on v31.11.1

Hi Nico

Sorry to bother you.

Started to get Error 41 when calling PSXT_MSFS.exe from the powershell script that I use to start my external sim apps.

any ideas, thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,

See the Manual 10.3. Error code 41.

Nico

Thanks Nico.

I checked the manual before my original post and the exe is called from the PSXT_MSFS folder, so I dont understand, unless you are saying that i have to go into the PSXT_MSFS folder manually each time and run the exe.
Of course I dont think that is what you expect me to do, but regardless "Start-Process "C:\MSFS_Installers_and_Addons\PSXT_MSFS\PSXT_MSFS.exe" from my PS script is creating this error.

If I double click the exe in the folder everything is fine. When there was the batch file everything was also good (I just used to call the batch file instead).

If you have any ideas I would be very happy to learn something new.

Many thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,

Your script is not correct I'm afraid because it does not specify the working directory.

Create a short-cut to PSXT_MSFS.exe in the PSXT_MSFS  folder and start that in your  power shell.

In the short cut, you will see (right click, Properties) that there is a Start in specification pointing to the PSXT_MSFS folder.

Nico

Edited by kiek

15 hours ago, SimilAir said:

, unless you are saying that i have to go into the PSXT_MSFS folder manually each time and run the exe.

No of course not, that's why the installer places a PSXT_MSFS short-cut on your desktop.

You can double click that or you can pin it to Start and or the Taskbar and start it with one click.

Edited by kiek

Ok thanks Nico all sorted.

The confusion was that it had been fine for months, I had noticed the bat file had gone after the last couple of updates.

Anyway i just changed it to  "Start-Process "C:\MSFS_Installers_and_Addons\PSXT_MSFS\PSXT_MSFS.exe" -workingdirectory  C:\MSFS_Installers_and_Addons\PSXT_MSFS

now working as expected.

Thanks again for such a great product and help.

Paul