Sign in to follow this  
Guest draky

Wilco/Feelthere 777 - FSX Crash!

Guest draky

Well another birthday came round with the Wilco 777 unwrapped and installed with the patch available from the web site (which incidentally will remove from the aircraft.cfg all your installed liveries!) - alas I am yet to even see what this new additional aircraft looke like. As soon as I call up the Wilco 777 from the 'select aircraft' FSX does a nose dive and experiences a fatal error with a restart. The product simply does not work on my system (Vista 32 bit may not help mind you). The form has been filled in and now rests on Wilco Publishing's desk - eagerly awaiting their response. I was wondering if any others out there have experienced a similar problem with the payware 777?.FSX does come up with the warning about gauges being loaded as the 777 attempts to appear in my select aircraft screen - I thought this product was completely compatible with FSX - surely if this is the case these kinds of warnings should not appear?. Could accepting and trusting this software be responsible for the simulator crash>?Have Wilco and Feelthere got this right - makes me wonder.Dave

Guest draky

Problem narrowed to the gauges (no real surprise here) - if I don't allow the first and allow the rest of the 'non-approved' gauges to load then at least I can see and fly the aircraft - all be it with a rather empty looking cockpit!.

Guest draky

Update: The first shot from customer services was to tell me to download latest version (difficult as I have been given the boxed CD version) and to dowload and install the latest patch - my initial enquiry made clear that I had already done this - obviously an automated resonse not involving humans but directing you to their web site - ok no worries here. A reply to my response was to make some changes to the Vista accounts persmissions to make the 777 work with Vista (the instructions are on the web site but for the Airbus - not an obvious place to look when you are searching for help with the 777). This was accomplished with some file permissions being denied by Vista.... (I hate the freak controls that prevent you doing what you want in Vista).... and back to square one - the sim still crashes when I try to load the 777 gauges.... awaiting further help from Wilco.Perhaps we can look forward to a 2nd patch to make the 777 work in Vista without all this hassle....