Sign in to follow this  
alexj7

Feature suggestion - Adjustable delay time

I'm enjoying PSXT + RealTraffic immensely. I have a simple feature suggestion for PSXT. I would like to see the ability to adjust (or just eliminate) the traffic delay. I understand there is an intentional delay to allow vectoring of aircraft in a smoother manner. This is a nice feature, but sometimes the position data is accurate enough that I feel the raw data can be inserted right into the sim.

The reason for this is I like to follow on LiveATC, and there is a 45 second delay. I realize I can delay the stream, but that doesn't help when the aircraft changes frequency to tower, departure, center, etc - you'll end up missing the 45s on the new radio stream.

Obviously I can't see the code for PSXT, but I feel like this probably isn't too hard of a feature to implement.

13 minutes ago, alexj7 said:

This is a nice feature, but sometimes the position data is accurate enough that I feel the raw data can be inserted right into the sim.

No sorry, that is not possible. PSXT needs a buffer for vectoring. (you need at least 3 positions to define the vector completely).The data coming from RT is not that regular as you might think.... Outages of 4 to 20 or more seconds occur often. That's why you see taxiing aircraft sometimes disappear and pop up again a little later.

The buffer is 30 seconds, the other 15 seconds max delay is caused by the internet.