Sign in to follow this  
FlyingsCool

hand held pc

Guest shmurphy

Hi I have a hand held pc and was wondering if it can be configured with the right software installed and once connected to my pc, it would be able to act as stand alone gps while flying. Thanks in advance shaun

I've been using a product called PocketFMS for several years now with FS. It used to be donationware, but has now become a payware product. Pretty reasonably priced as a GPS moving map software for flying, but I imagine expensive for the typical simmer.So, the answer is yes. GPSOut for FSUIPC has become payware for FSX, but if you go to the PocketFMS homepage, search the utilities page for a (free) program called xConn to serve gps data to whatever program you choose. It only works for FSX, though, since it uses simconnect.You may also run into issues getting the gps stream to the pocketpc. For older models, you can kill activsync on both the pc and ppc and send the stream to Port=.WCEUSBSH001. But I've had trouble doing this with a WM5 ppc, as everytime the stream started to be sent, the ppc automatically restarted activesync. I've heard reports that you can do something about rndis or something on these ppc's to fix this, but I haven't investigated it that deeply because I found another solution that works great. A program called Franson GPSGate, which allows me to send the stream over Activesync. Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg